A Toe Jam Dream

Yes, this is about a dream, a toe, and jam. No, not dreaming of toe jam but a jammed toe caused by a dream. How on earth can you permanently injure a toe to cause a reoccurring jammed toe from just a dream? Well, first let me tell you the dream then I’ll take you back to reality.

The dream started like any other dream. You find yourself standing in a familiar setting usually from your past. For me, it is usually my parents’ backyard from when I was a kid (prior to removing the white clothesline poles). This time was a bit odd though. You see my parents live in a city of about 16,000 people so their backyard isn’t all that big maybe 30’x50’ or so. In my dreams, the garage is still on the right, the neighbors on the left, a fence all the way around, the 2 white clothesline poles, and the Central Air unit with the black tarp on it. It was all fairly normal except for all of the livestock that was running around in the backyard. (Which my parents do not have in the city.) Oh, I forgot to add the black square monster with a ¾ football sized opening that needed feeding.

In my dream, I deduced that the black monster was hungry for a livestock to fit in the opening / mouth. However, when I tried the goat, it was rejected as it did not fit correctly. So I tried the rabbits, nope. Ducks? Close but the wrong shape!! I needed a chicken!! But all we had were baby chicks and they were not going to work. So I kept running around the backyard looking for a chicken to push into the mouth with my right foot until…my wife woke me up.

Back in reality, she woke me up as I was behaving quite bizarrely in my sleep. I was lifting up my right foot and pushing her feet around. Then I would rapidly kick her in bed (running in my dream) followed by grinding my big toe into the bed as if I was drilling for gold (pushing the duck in the monster’s mouth). She woke me up and the dream ended. I do not really remember that incident but I do know in the morning my toe really, really hurt.

Who was that monster in my dream? It was a flashback to something that scared me once in my youth. Once upon a time I was sitting on the Central Air unit nice and calmly when it roared to life and scared me. So now, a little under 30 years later I have received a permanent injury to my big right toe requiring me to frequently ask my wife to “please pull my toe.” So I now introduce you to the villain of the story:

FOWL VILLAIN!!!

0 comments



Recent Entries

Recommended Money Makers

  • iMake Moolah Guide
  • Get Paid To Blog
  • Send Earnings
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates