In this entry, I will dive further into why I am so passionate about keeping our education for our children to the facts and not opinions in any field.

Nineteen years ago, I did as many other high school kids did and sat in the office with the Guidance Counselor to try and determine which career path would be best for me. You sit in the office taking this test and that one and they try to guide you do the right career choice. (In hindsight, I now find that to be one of the most asinine methods of deciding your future but that’s a different entry.) I was directed down the path of being an Engineer. My mother wanted me to be an Accountant.

Note to all parents do not expect a child to hold your interest in jobs. Nothing against accountants, but it was just too dull of a job. Yes, I knew I needed to stay off of my feet but not that.

But I chose to become an Engineer and attend UW- Platteville. I lasted one year in the Engineering program and realized I wanted more interaction with people so I shifted to Education. In hindsight, that was a good choice as I learned while on a sales support job for engineering software.

What my Guidance Counselor did not know was the supposed ‘solid’ future for Engineers was about to evaporate. The advice I was given was based on charts and surface information at the time. I’m glad I did not travel that path.

What happened were the school systems in Jordan, India, Japan and a few other select Middle Eastern / Asian countries started to produce high amounts of highly skilled Engineers of all types and IT sector personnel. This combined with ERP software which enabled better reporting for large companies and the growth of the Product Lifecycle Management software on the engineering and software side started to relegate the location of engineers and IT staff to being irrelevant. Companies started to export engineering jobs as the Internet and specially designed software allowed projects to be worked on 24/7 and often for lower cost.

The result created a significant downturn in the number of available stateside engineering jobs. Now, the IT sector is often dominated by immigrants often from the same Middle Eastern / Asian countries. Why is it? I would contend they do not waste time on teaching feelings, trying to challenge parents for who should control value systems in children, and filling our children up with the bias of a few ‘experts’ over facts and solid logic.

How is education and economic stability tied together? The USA will only continue to improve its economic standard or dig out of debt if we can continue to compete for these now global jobs. We also have to create new industry subsets but that will only come from using facts and not semantics and programmed bias.

The USA is being left behind in this dynamic global economy. We do not have time to teach opinions, irrational thinking and poor logic. So a fight for down to earth factual standards is necessary or the opinions of the ‘experts’ will take down the economic stability of the USA one generation at a time. The process is already 3 generations in. Scientific knowledge has been FUBARed in the public schools. Math skills are lacking as demonstrated with a country not knowing red numbers are bad, black numbers are good. History and social sciences have also been hijacked and the list goes on and on.

The time bomb is ticking for the USA as the timer was set off decades ago. When will it reach critical mass and go boom?

0 comments



Recent Entries

Recommended Money Makers

  • iMake Moolah Guide
  • Get Paid To Blog
  • Send Earnings
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates