Yes, I know Bugosaurus is not a real name of an insect or a dinosaur but it does represent two current areas of interest of my 7 year old daughter.

Courtesy of reading a book about a certain spider that doubles as a champion at a spelling bee and those insects attracted to our flower garden, she is asking more and more questions about the different kinds of bugs out there. It does help that I’m a nature buff when it comes to the animal kingdom too. It rubs off.

She started getting interested in dinosaurs because of my long term interest in them. What kid or grown up kid is not fascinated with them? We have collected so much yet know so very little about them the mystery is always a fun one to play with.

Part of the goal of all this is to slowly transform my daughter’s fear and disgust of insects and dinosaurs into a curiosity in learning about them. Soon, she will be ready for me to introduce them as science toys but I will have to stick to the non-living science kits to pass the Mommy test. The insects will still have to stay outside of the house.

I am just about as much of a kid as my daughter is which is why my pen name is “Maturekid.” So I’m certain I’ll have just about as much fun with the chemistry, physics and earth science kits as she will. Somehow though, I think the slime kits will get the Mommy veto.

The website though does have many areas of gift giving and education enhancing categories that should get the Mommy approved seal. Daddy would play with any of them.

0 comments



Recent Entries

Recommended Money Makers

  • iMake Moolah Guide
  • Get Paid To Blog
  • Send Earnings
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates