Concerning the Curriculum

I am a former K-12 teacher with an emphasis on Special Education and in particular those with Emotional Disturbances. I’ve spent lots of time in varieties of rooms both as a full time and a substitute teacher. In all of my exposure to the public school setting and education in general, I’ve noted a rather serious problem. Blatant falsehoods, distortions and outright omissions from curriculum are being taught to our children as if they are factual. This does not serve our children or society well.

So in this section, I will be confronting the problem. I will be giving you, the reader, solid information in the areas of History, Social Studies, Science and Math. I’ll introduce concepts, omitted information, and illogical premises being pushed in all of the subjects and back it up.

It is my goal to provide a good starting point on a research project as a resource for anyone. Also, I hope to contribute to fostering a desire for honesty and truthful information. In my opinion, one of the greatest challenges facing our children today is telling the difference between facts, opinions, and misinformation. My overriding guideline is an Administrative Code from Wisconsin that basically reads that all textbooks (and all other subsequent info) must be factually accurate. It is a fair guideline but often not followed. Translated it means – tell the facts and be able to prove it.

0 comments



Recent Entries

Recommended Money Makers

  • iMake Moolah Guide
  • Get Paid To Blog
  • Send Earnings
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates